Design and functionality
Wherever a defined, straight movement is required in or on a plant, machine or piece of apparatus, the Hydraulic Compact Actuator Linear is a natural choice. This is particularly true when a dependable actuator is needed which would be too difficult or expensive to realize using mechanical or pneumatic systems.
Based on EMG‘s specific „motor under oil design“, EMG has created a rugged actuator, suitable for applications with the toughest environmental conditions. Compared to conventional hydraulic systems, the built-in motor and the motor winding are protected from any harmful environmental impacts using hermetic casing.
– A gear pump (driven by a 2 pole rotary current asynchronous motor) generates hydraulic pressure, which is led through suitable valves and channels directly to the upper or lower side of the hydraulic cylinder piston.
– Thanks to a special flange accommodation on the cylinder, there is no need for pipe and hose connections to ensure the oil flow.
– The mechanical power available on the piston rod depends on the generated hydraulic pressure and the piston surface. The actual power is independent of the piston position or the cylinder stroke.
– A pressure control valve allows for a variable adjusting force within certain limits.
– Two lowering brake valves make sure that the actual stroke position is hydraulically locked and maintained once the system has been separated from the motor power supply.
– A broad selection of pumps with various flow rates ensures that a range of movement speeds is available for the various sizes.
– Specific valve technology helps protect the actuator from sudden load peaks resulting from blows and shocks occurring during operation.